READS Collaborative provides consultation services for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students. Serving the needs of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing children presents one of the more difficult challenges for Special Education Directors. With new technology and competing educational philosophies, providing services for this population is becoming increasingly difficult. With respect to these needs, the READS Collaborative is offering a variety of support services to help area communities meet this challenge within their own school districts.
Teacher of the Deaf
- Direct observation and recommendations with regard to ensuring access to curriculum and increased understanding of the challenges for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students who are being educated within the regular education setting. Consultation & direct service services available.
Audiological Evaluations and Support
- Direct observation and recommendations related to environmental issues with regard to the inclusion of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students
- Instruction in hearing aid usage
- Testing of middle ear integrity
- Full written reports with diagnostic prescriptive recommendations
Program Evaluation Inclusionary Support
- Formal evaluation of present or projected service delivery model for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students in an inclusionary classroom
- Direct support services related to evaluation recommendations
- Comprehensive written report with formal recommendations